We are teach How to Cook Spaghetti squash for those who do not know what it is, a spaghetti squash is an unusual yellow-orange healthy vegetable that strips into spaghetti-like strands when cooked. Below, we are giving you the process of cooking spaghetti squash:
You will need (For 6 servings of Plain Spaghetti Squash):
- Spaghetti squash- 1800 g
- Olive oil- 2 Tbsp (30 ml)
- Salt- to taste
- Ground black pepper- to taste
Steps to cook:
Method 1 (As a whole):
- Start the cooking by preheating your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit or 190 degrees Celsius. A baking sheet is prepared by lining it with a layer of aluminium foil.
- To cut the squash, a sharp- jagged knife is required. Pierce the squash a dozen times to let it cook properly. Baking without piercing may lead to bursting of the squash.
- Let it bake for 40 to 60 minutes. Keep the squash on the baking sheet that you prepared earlier and bake in the preheated oven until its done.
- Consider it done once you are able to penetrate through the skin of squash easily.
- Carefully hold the squash and cut it open through from one end to the other. Use a towel or oven mitt to avoid burning your hand.
- To cut it when its cool, you may have to wait for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove the seeds of the squash by opening it and scrape the seeds and pulp out using forks. The strands on the sides of the squash are edible therefore, care must be taken while digging out seeds and pulp.
- Separate the “spaghetti” strands from the inside of the skin by scraping around the entire squash. Keep on scraping until you find that all the flesh has transformed into “spaghetti.”
- Transfer the scraped flesh into a mixing bowl or serving platter using forks.
- Add olive oil, salt and pepper to the cooked “spaghetti.” Toss it to coat thoroughly with ingredients that you added. Serve warm to enjoy more.
Method 2 (In halves):
- Just like you do while cooking as a whole, you have to preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit i.e. 200 degrees Celsius. Line the baking dish with aluminium foil.
- Take the dish which is twice as large as the squash as you’ll need to keep two halves in it.
- To cut the spaghetti squash in half, use a heavy serrated knife. Cut it open from stem to bottom. Do not cut it through the stem.
- Remove the seeds and pulp out with the help of a tough metal spoon or an ice cream scoop.
- Pour some olive oil and rub the oil evenly using fingers over the surface of the flesh which is on the cut sides of both halves.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper over the squash according to your taste.
- Place the squash cut-side-down or the skin side up in your prepared baking dish lined with aluminium foil. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes until its done.
- When the flesh becomes tender enough to scrape into spaghetti-like strings, consider the squash done.
- Use two forks to shred the flesh of the cooked squash into “spaghetti.” Hollow out the skin and scrape as much flesh as possible. Transfer to serving platters and serve hot.
Also cheek:- If you want to learn How to edit a PDF file so visit this post.