Drawing is one of the most interesting activities that help in expressing any form of emotions. It not only gives you a positive mindset but also improves your mental and physical health by improving your concentration and boosting your motor skills. Some people have a real hard time when it comes to drawing something. In this article, we will tell you some basics related to how to draw.
- Start with simple objects: never start your drawing session with complicated objects. Go slow and try to draw simple things like a flower or a fruit or a cartoon character. Keep practicing and don’t lose hope if you are not able to draw in one go.
- Make drawing your hobby: whenever you get time to draw something, somebody righty said practice makes a man perfect. The more you draw, the better you’ll get. Draw different shapes, lines, curves etc.
- Draw, compare and improve: Start making a rough sketch and use light, repeated strokes. If you are making a real-life object, compare and see what mistakes have you made. There is always a scope of improvement so don’t worry about the mistakes and try to improve your drawing by adding small details to it and making sure that it is coming out the same way as you wanted it to be.
- Shading and shadows: Pay attention to the how the light hits the object and how it leaves different shades and shadows and try to implement it in your drawings.
- Coloring: filling colors into your picture adds a touch of realism to it. Play with different colors by blending and experimenting with them.
How to Draw a Perfect Picture
There is a simple process which needs to be followed when you start to draw something which is discussed below.
- Good quality pencil and a paper: Using a good quality of pencil as well as a paper will help you to draw better. Use drawing pencils also known as B pencils according to your requirement. If you want to draw something with light shade use 2B pencil, if you want to draw something dark use 5B or 6B pencil. The higher you go the darker it gets. Always sharp your pencil and keep it pointed before you start your drawing. Use a hard drawing sheet, never use a crumpled paper as it will spoil your drawing.
- Wash your hands: always wash your hands before you start to draw as it will prevent your drawing sheet from any unwanted stains or dust.
- Drawing Erasers: Get a good quality of eraser so that you can easily erase without scraping the paper.
- Plan and Think: Think and make a plan of what exactly you want to draw, whether you want to draw a landscape or a cartoon character or a real life object. Use different shapes and make a rough sketch of whatever you have planned to draw. Use light strokes as it will be easy to erase them if needed.
- Outlining: after you have finished with sketching, add small details to it and do the outlining as it will enhance your drawing.
- Coloring: color your drawing with good quality of colors, start with crayons or pencil colors. The coloring is optional and it all depends on you whether you want to color or not.
- Keep practicing: if you are not satisfied with your work, keep practicing till you get a perfect picture. This is the golden rule of drawing which every artist follows. Rome was not built in a day, in the same way, it takes years of practice to be an artist.
Also cheek:- If you want to learn about the How to Get Rid of a Bed Bug come here.