Shedding those extra kilos has become a priority of people today. Thanks to the influence of social media and movies that everyone wants to stay fit and healthy. There are a lot of reasons for gaining weight which includes unhealthy eating habits, hormonal imbalance, diseases, side effects of some medicines, unfit lifestyle, alcohol consumption, lack of physical exercise, etc. When it comes to losing weight, it is very important to do it in a healthy way. Keeping yourself hungry and depriving your body of those essential nutrients, only makes it worse. Here, we are suggesting you some tips and methods to lose weight in a healthy and efficient way: How to lose weight
- Say no to carbs and sugars: When you decide to lose weight, you do have to make a lot of sacrifices in terms of eating. Sugars and carbohydrates or starch are the biggest hurdle in your road to weight loss. When you cut down on the intake of sugars and starches (carbs), your insulin levels will drop down and hence, in turn, your appetite will reduce. This will make you lose weight without hunger.
- Make proteins, fats and green vegetables your best of friends: Eating right and healthy includes having meals which are rich in proteins, fibre and fat. Meat, lentils, pulses, soy, nuts, legumes, beans and seeds are good sources of fibre and protein. Green leafy vegetables and low carb vegetables like broccoli, cucumber, spinach, cabbage, lettuce, etc. are considered not only healthy but also keeps your stomach full which reduces your hunger pangs.
- Whole grains diet: Bread made of whole wheat, oats, brown rice, sweet potato and brown rice are sources of energy and nutrition. When whole grains are combined with the adequate amount of proteins and vegetables in the diet, it proves to be a perfect meal.
- Never skip your meal: If you want to stay healthy and lose your weight then you should never skip your meal. When you skip your meal, the next meal you take is stored as fat in your body. People believe that skipping meals and keeping yourself hungry is the key to lose weight fast but it is not. Your breakfast meal should be heavy and the dinner should be kept light. You should eat 3 meals and 2 snacks in order to lose it in a healthy way.
- Avoid cold drinks and sweetened drinks: Drinks that contain natural or artificial sweeteners are for taste and not for health. These drinks contain a lot of calories. Even fruit juices add on to your calorie intake. Even if you are choosing to have fruit juices then do not exceed the quantity than half a cup. You can switch your cold drinks to calorie-free beverages and unsweetened drinks.
- Drink a lot of water: You must intake at least 2 litres or 12 glasses of water daily. Drinking a lot of water detoxifies your body and hydrates it. When you drink water about 30 minutes before meals, it can reduce a number of calories that you are going to consume as it keeps your stomach full. Not only toxins are removed from the body by drinking adequate water but also it gives a naturally glowing skin. What else do you want!
- Exercise and yoga: Gym is considered a synonym to losing weight. Mean machines are a sure shot way to attain a lean physique. Regular exercising, yoga and cardio boost your metabolism and assist in shedding weight fast. It will not only keep you in good shape but also keep your health well. Start your day with a walk of 30 minutes. Skipping, yoga, cycling, dance and aerobics are also good options of losing weight easily at home.
- Oils are not your friends: Eating fried food and food that is smeared in oil works as a door between you and your health and fit body. Whichever oil you use, it is not healthy. Oil should be used in minimal quantity in food.
- Fill your kitchen cupboards with green tea: Green tea has the ability to boost the metabolism, thus assisting in losing a few pounds. Green tea increases the possibility of fat loss. To add a little flavour and have some antioxidant effects, squeeze some lemon in your cup of tea.
- Do not lose hope: Losing weight requires motivation, patience and efforts; a lot of them. Do not expect to see the results on the next day of your exercise or diet plans or within a week. Everything requires time and a lot of effort. It is your job to not lose hope and keep yourself motivated. Find some creative ways to enjoy how you do the weight loss
see also: – How to Get Rid of a Bed Bug
Some additional tips:
- Use small plates when you are dining. Refilling your plates give you an illusion of overeating and helps in eating smaller portions.
- When you booze or drink any cold drink or fruit juice, opt for taller and thinner glasses.
- Laugh out loud as it literally helps in burning calories.
- Burn down your calories by helping with household chores.
- Give up on your temptations once in a week but in a limit.
- Choose fruits instead of fruit juices.
- Eat a fruit before dining out to avoid unnecessary calorie intake.
- Chew slowly to distract your brain from eating enough food.
- Take ample amount of sleep because sleep loss is linked to changes in appetite and the metabolism of glucose.
- Keep a check on your calorie intake through various apps.