Rubik’s cube as we all know is a 3D puzzle also called magic cube invented by Ernő Rubik. It consists of 6 sides. Each side has a different solid colour which is yellow, orange, green, red, blue, and white. To solve a Rubik’s cube there are many methods and each method has its own level of difficulty. After solving the first phase people generally get stuck. To solve a Rubik’s cube you need to know the right approach. In this article, the easiest way to solve the Rubik’s cube for the beginner has been given.How to Solve a Rubik’s Cube
How to solve a Rubik’s Cube?
To solve a 3*3 cube you need to divide the whole process into 6 stages.
Stage 1: Know Your Cube
A Rubik’s cube consists of Edge pieces, corner pieces, centrepieces and sides.
- Edge pieces: In the middle row of the Rubik’s cube, edge pieces are located with two colors.
- Corner pieces: There are 8 corner pieces with 3 colors located at the corners.
- Center pieces: Rubik’s cube consists of 6 center pieces with one color. Center pieces represent their sides and you can’t move these pieces.
- Sides: the cube has 6 sides each of which is represented by a letter which is a right face (R), left face (L), up face (U), down face (D), front face (F) and back face (B).
Stage 2: Unravel the White Cross
- Hold your cube in such a way that the white center piece appears at the top face of the cube and try to design a white cross like the one shown in the picture above. You can attain this level with practice.
- Start solving the white cross sections in the order given – blue, orange, green and red.
- Make sure that you match the side red and blue center pieces and the top white center piece.
- Start moving the blue/white edge piece to the bottom (D) face, while keeping the white center piece on top and rotate the cube on the bottom until it is directly under the blue center piece.
- Now hold your cube so the blue center piece and blue/white edge piece are on the right (R) face.
- Rotate the right face (R) until the blue or white edge piece of the cube is on the upper (U) face and right above the blue center piece.
- If your cube looks like what is shown in the picture below, hold your cube so that orange center piece is on the right face and start solving the side with the orange center piece.
- If your cube looks what is shown below, do this sequence shown in the next picture, making sure that the blue center piece is on the right (R) face.
Stage 3: Next comes the White Corners
- In this stage try to solve the white corners as shown in the picture above.
- Corner pieces of the cube are adjusted in such a way that it will have one white side plus 2 other colors.
- If the corner piece of the cube is already on the bottom face, then you need to rotate the bottom part until the corner is directly below its expected location. Once it is placed in that position, the Rubik’s Cube will look like any one of the three pictures shown below. THEN, complete the steps 1X, 2X or 3X till the cube is in the correct position.
- Repeat it for all four corners.- If the white corner is placed on the top face of the Cube, you need to move it to the bottom face by doing the following process as shown below.
Stage 4: Get Ready to Solve the Middle Layer
So far so good! After reaching this stage you need to solve the middle layer and positioning the ‘edge pieces’ in the right place after which your cube will look like this.
- Pay attention to the vertical row of the cube. At this stage, it can be of any color red, orange, green or blue. Here we’ll assume it to be blue.
- Try to match the side center piece with the front color of the edge piece on the top (U) face and create a vertical line.
- If you are moving the cube as shown below, then the sequence which needs to be followed is given in the next picture.
- If you are moving the cube as shown below then follow the sequence given in the next picture.
- Keep continuing the same steps till the time all the edge pieces are placed in the correct order.
Stage 5: Let’s solve the Top Layer
It constitutes of two parts, first getting the yellow cross and then solving the yellow corners. Let’s do it step by step.
- Your goal is to make a yellow cross as shown below, after which you can follow any one of the sequences to get the desired result.
Proceed to the Yellow Corners
- Now you have to do certain steps so that your cube looks like what is shown below.
- You will have any one of the cases shown below.
- To achieve the above result you must follow the sequence given below once, twice or thrice.
Stage 6: Positioning of the Yellow Corners
This is the last and the final stage in which your goal is to solve the complete Rubik’s cube.
- You need to position yellow corners correctly like in the picture shown below.
- For that, you need to follow the sequence as shown.
- Next, you have to position the yellow edges correctly.
- Follow the sequence as shown below to obtain the desired result.
- To solve EFGH clockwise.
- To solve EFGH anticlockwise.
see also: –How to Make GIF Files?
And Bingo! You have solved the Rubik’s cube. It was fun and at the same time exciting right. With much practice and patience, you will be able to solve it in lesser time.