Blogging has become a craze among today’s generation. There are literally like millions of blogs available on the internet today that allow people to share their personal and professional views and thinking. You must be wondering that starting a blog online is a difficult job to do, but it is not! You just need to follow the instructions we are giving you to get going. There are two ways to start your own blog: you can start your blog for free or you can pay for your blog. We will discuss both the ways below: How to Start a Blog ?
Start your blog for free
- Decide the topic: It is very important to have a clear vision of what you want to blog about. Research on the internet and sharpen your knowledge. You must enhance your skills and the way to express with your words to make your blog noticeable and attract the readers. Write about something you enjoy doing and something on which you can discuss a lot. In case you do not want to blog about something in future which you have chosen now, you always have a choice to switch topics.
- Research and choose a free blog site: The next step is to choose a blogging platform which provides its services for free. Though these platforms provide you restricted functions and offer you pay if you want to use other better features, then also they are good to go. See blogging templates and features on different websites and choose the one you find most appropriate. Some free blogging service provider platforms are:
- WordPress: When it comes to free blogging, WordPress is the most popular among bloggers and beginners who are looking for a free blogging platform. It provides gazillions of layouts, templates, and themes. It also provides customizable features. It has more than 82 million active users and is the easiest to use.
- Blogger: The next best thing is a blogger. This free blogging sites was introduced by Google and are very popular among people with fewer computer skills bought this popular blogging platform, and it is considered the most user-friendly option.
- Tumblr: Tumblr is also a good option for those who are visual artists and photographers. You can post your photos and videos without any hurdle. It is also a very famous social network.
- Start and design your free blog: Go to the platform you have chosen, be it wordpress.com, blogger.com or tumblr.com. Now choose the option to sign up for a new account to start your blog. Add your name, email and a strong password to protect it from being hacked and make it more secure. Choose your template according to your topic from the thousands of options available. You can preview them before selecting one.
- Effective posting: Choose a simple topic when you post for the first time. Do not worry if you make a mistake, you will learn and grow from it. You can also write about something you find important to discuss. You can use word tags and clouds to make it easier for people to read your post. You can use the option of categorizing your blog posts by topic instead of listing blog posts by date. Through this way, several topics will be covered under each post. You can associate different keywords with your post.
- Post pictures: You can attach a picture to your post which has some connection with what you have written in your blog. Posting irrelevant pictures only decline your image as a writer. Let the photographer inside you come out. Click them by yourself or you can also download them from Google but do not use copywritten images.
- Linking to your social media accounts: You can increase the popularity of your blog posts by linking your blog to your social media accounts. You can add widgets to your blog that bring up Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn posts. This is will help you increase your followers or friends.
- Post frequently: Post at least once a week. If you are not able to post due to some serious reasons, make up for it in the next week and do not delay. You can also post links to other blogs or interesting topics. Allow readers to comment on your blog posts.
- Promotion of your free Blog: For promoting your blog posts, you must write about current and hot topics. This will increase your readers. You must enhance your writing skills to grab the attention of the reader and to attract followers. Right, your focus point in the early paragraph and give evidence of your thoughts by providing links to news articles or photos.
- Have knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO): You require a thorough knowledge of SEO which allows you to use Google and other search engine crawler rules to your benefit. It will help you to be ranked higher on search engines if you follow their best practices. Some important SEO topics are using keywords in the article, naming your images correctly, using keywords in the headline, learning to write meta tags and simplifying URLs.
- Find a host: A host gives your site a server space so that it can be found on the internet. When you have a self- hosted blog on your own domain name you become the real owner of your blog. WordPress and Blogger allow you to buy a domain name for your own self for $10 to $17 per year. The domain is the URL of your website. If you are blogging for professional reasons, it is good to have your own domain name. The advantage of the domain name is that you will have to name your blog whatever you want.
- Start your blog with your new domain: If you have any doubt while using any other site then go for WordPress. Choose your provider and look out for the plan most suitable for you. Start blogging by going to your WP-Admin page usually www.yourblognamehere.com/wp-admin and start writing by adding a new post.
- Design your WordPress blog: Go to Appearance and select Themes and install a free WordPress theme. You can also buy themes online. You can choose any theme and change it whenever to want. Choose your blog theme according to your content. Make the interface simple. Keep your blog design user-friendly.
And that’s all you need to know to start your blog. If you are a beginner and are doing it for fun and entertainment then you should go for free services and if you want more features and are doing it professionally then you must opt for paid services. Pay more focus on the content of the blog and write your views without hurting anyone’s sentiments. If you follow the steps properly and keep the guidelines in your mind then you are surely gonna become a famous blogger. Happy blogging!
Also cheek:- If you want to learn that How to Cite a Website so click here and read this post.