Screenshots have become a significant part of our lives. Right from screenshotting IMPORTANT chats with people to show them to our best of friends to saving business-related information, screenshotting poses for our next pictures to trendy and stylish outfits we want our designers and tailors to copy, we have done it all. It is one hell of a useful feature technology has given us.
Almost everybody knows how to take a screenshot in their phones and tablets but when it comes to screenshotting the latest information you have gathered online in your laptop or PC, most of us go blank and to save you from that embarrassment we are here to give you different methods to screenshot in different Windows.
- Taking a screenshot in Windows 7
Method 1: Snipping Tool
- Most of us don’t know about this incredible feature on their laptops and PC. To find Snipping Tool, go to Start and click on All Programs. Choose Accessories and click on Snipping Tool.
- Now select the New option to make a new screenshot
- When you click the arrow beside New button, a drop-down menu will appear and you can select the desired type of screenshot you want. The options that will open in front of you are:
- Rectangular- As the name itself suggests, it will take a screenshot in a square or rectangular shape which is user-defined.
- Free Form- It will take a screenshot in any shape that the user wants by moving the cursor.
- Window- It will take a screenshot of any selected open window
- Full Screen- It will take a screenshot of the entire screen and whatever is open on it.
- You can select your desired screenshot form from the menu.
- Click and drag the cursor to highlight the area which you want to use for the screenshot.
Method 2: Taking a screenshot and saving the image on your laptop/ PC
This method is used when you want to save whatever is displayed on the screen for future purpose or for sending it or uploading it somewhere.
- Press the Windows Key and the PrtScn (Print Screen) button on your keyboard.
- Open Paint and paste the image that you have just screenshotted. In the save dialogue box that appears when you click on Save as type a file name for the image that you can remember and select the location where you want it to be saved. Now click on Save.
Method 3: Taking a screenshot and copying the image
If you don’t want to save your screenshot and just want it for copying and pasting in your document then you can follow the steps below:
- Unlike the previous method, hit only the PrtScn button of your keyboard. The image of the screen that is open in front of you has now been copied.
- Open the document where you want to paste it and give a right click to your mouse or keypad and select Paste.
Method 4: Taking a screenshot of only one Window
If you want the image of just one Window then you must:
- Click on the window that you want to take a screenshot of.
- Press Alt + PrnScn button together. Now you will have an image of only that window which you wanted and that can now be copied to your clipboard and can be pasted wherever you want.
- Taking a screenshot in Windows 8 and 10
Method 1: Taking a full- screen screenshot
- Visit the screen which is to be screenshotted.
- Now press the Windows key and PrntScr key both at the same time.
- If you cannot find your screenshot, you can press Ctrl+ Windows+ PrntScr or Fn+ Windows+ PrntScr.
- Now go to computer’s ‘Pictures” folder and look out for Screenshots folder. All your screenshots can be found in this folder. The file name will be Screenshot accompanied by a number in the order in which the screenshots were taken.
See also: – How to screenshot on mac
Method 2: Taking a one window screenshot
- Press Alt and PrntScr together to take the screenshot of your current window.
- Open Search in Windows 8 and Start in Windows 10 and type Paint. It can easily be found in the search results.
- When the window of Paint opens, press Ctrl and V and the screenshot will appear on the window. Click on Save.
Method 3: Snipping Tool
- For Windows 8, click on Search and type Snipping Tool. For Windows 10, click on start and type Snipping Tool. It can be found in the search results.
- All the other steps are same as Method 1 of Taking a screenshot in Windows 7.