A noose also called reef knot is basically used by the hunters in order to hunt small animals and birds, apart from it, it is used for gaining control of the string when tying up a package so that the package doesn’t slip. The noose is the oldest form of knots and today it is primarily used for tying parcels. There are several types of noose like a simple noose, a double noose, hangman’s knot, running bowline noose, snare noose etc. But, how to tie a noose?
Tying a noose is quite simple, anyone can do it by following certain steps; here in this article, we will describe you how to tie a simple noose in few steps.
But before we start,
If you’re considering tying a noose because you’re having suicidal thoughts and need immediate help coping, please call emergency services such as 100 or a suicide hotline:
- In the United States: call 1-800-273-TALK, the National Suicide Prevention Hotline
- In India: Call 022 2754 6669, the Aasra Group
- In the United Kingdom: call 08457 90 90 90, the Samaritans helpline or 0800 068 41 41, the Hope Line
- The International Association for Suicide Prevention has a directory of international suicide prevention hotlines here, and so does Befrienders Worldwide here.
How to Tie a Noose
- Take a strong and a long rope of about 4 metres long. Longer the rope, bigger the noose. With longer ropes, you will also be able to make more coils around the top making it more durable and stronger. Now, you have to place the rope on the floor and make a letter C with the rope itself.
- After making a letter C, try to make a letter S with the rope, leave the end or the bottom part of S so that you have some string left in order to tie something to the noose.
- Now, flatten the surface of the letter S in such a way that all the three parts of the rope are on top of each other just few inches away.
- Take the top end of the rope starts tying the letter S making as many wraps you want. Pinch them together from the middle. When done you must have left at least 2 3 inches at the end of the rope.
- In the next step, hold the loop and pass the end of the rope through the bottom loop of the noose. The bottom loop is that loop which is lying next to the rope.
- Pull on the noose hole as much you want. Tighten the knot; this will tighten the coils as well. Once done it is hard to undo it because of the material of the rope.
- If you want a bigger noose than you have to start the whole process all over again, this time making a larger S character.
After reading these steps you can see that it is quite easy to tie a noose and use it for many purposes. Now that you know how to tie a noose, one thing that should be kept in mind is that noose should be used only for hunting, fishing, boating or decorative purposes. Another type of noose knot, which is known as Hangman’s Knot is mainly known for its strength and can prove to be deadly.
In many countries trying this type of noose is considered illegal. In some countries, it is used for the execution of prisoners. Normally, it should never be used around a person’s neck as it restricts the blood flow resulting in taking a person’s life.