If you want to stand out of the crowd then a perfect bow tie will do the job for you as it is all about style and attitude. It was originated in the 17th century from the need to wear neckwear which was easily wearable and can last throughout the day. Previously, bow ties were worn usually informal occasions but with time it has gained popularity. How to tie a bow tie
More than just an accessory it is now, more of a style statement. Tying a bowtie is no rocket science but correctly tying a bow tie is definitely an art and anyone can learn it with a little practice and patience. You do have an option of getting a pre-tied bow tie from the market but what is the fun in that. If you want to be a true gentleman, learn to tie a bow tie with our easy steps given below.
How to tie a Bow Tie?
- Stand in front of the mirror. Raise the collar of your shirt and put the bow tie around your neck such that one end of the tie is few inches longer (roughly 1.5 inches) than the other end. The longer end will be on the right side and the shorter end would be on your left side. Make sure that you have buttoned the topmost button of your shirt.
- The longer end of the bow tie needs to be placed over the shorter end. Then bring the longer end from beneath the shorter end of the tie and take it out from the centre.
- Now, you need to nicely fold the shorter end in a horizontal manner.
- In this step, the longer end of the bow tie needs to be brought over the shorter end.
- Now, do the same thing with the longer end of the tie as you did with the shorter end of the third step which is folding the longer end horizontally.
See also:- How to tie a tie: Simple & Easy
- The longer end of the bow tie should be inserted through the loop which is formed at the back of the shorter end.
- Now, tighten the knot by pulling both the ends gently.
- Straighten your tie and bring it to the proper position giving it a neat and complete look.
- You can now lower your collar and Bingo! You just finished tying the perfect bow tie, all by yourself. See, it was not at all difficult. You can check your tie time to time to make sure it is not loosened and still perfectly positioned. If you want to untie your bowtie then pull the flat ends of your tie just like you untie your shoelaces.
Whether you want to wear a tuxedo or a simple suit you just leant tying the flawless bow tie. Hope this article was some help to you. You are now ready to go to a party and rock it.